The restorative power of spending time in nature cannot be underestimated, and in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast you’ll find trails into nature that not only suit your abilities, but also soothe and regenerate your inner spirit. Embark on family-friendly day hikes or backcountry adventures, discover flower-strewn meadows and alpine forests, take a moment to revive by restful lakes and roaring waterfalls, and choose your path to a new adventure with hiking trails in the Land Without Limits.
Respecting Communities and Cultures while hiking in the Land Without Limits
When travelling through our beautiful Land Without Limits, some undesignated hiking trails and backcountry routes will take you through Indigenous community areas. If possible, ask if you are permitted to hike through their land before you arrive. If you plan to take photos of buildings, art, artifacts or people, kindly ask permission first. By respecting the communities and culture you visit during your journey, you help make the experience a positive one for all involved.
Responsible Hiking in the Land Without Limits
No matter where you are hiking throughout the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast, use the following tips to ensure a safe and successful experience:
- Never attempt a trail that is too difficult for your capabilities;
- Carry the appropriate gear and supplies for the length of hike;
- Pack extra clothing for changes in weather conditions or an unexpected overnight stay;
- Make sure that someone knows where you are hiking and when you are expected to return – use the AdventureSmart Trip Planning App;
- Be aware of wildlife in the area and how to respond; and
- Always pack out what you bring in.
By being responsible hikers and travellers, we can all continue to enjoy the exceptional beauty of BC wilderness and preserve it for future generations.